Michelmores has a large and highly regarded Charities Team at our Exeter headquarters. We also have offices in London and Bristol, and so are able to meet and work with clients on a national basis.
Michelmores provides expert legal advice to not-for-profits and legacy management professionals. We are experienced in dealing with disputes relating to wills, trusts and estates. More particularly, we regularly advise on the following matters:
- Claims relating to the validity of wills, including in relation to testamentary capacity;
- Claims under the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975;
- Actions against personal representatives;
- Actions for breach of trust and claims regarding beneficiaries’ rights and interests under a trust;
- Specific issues arising from property legacies; and
- Complex probate administration issues.
Tony Cockayne – Partner
Tony is Head of the Charities Team at Michelmores.
Tony is an experienced dispute resolution lawyer who specialises in contentious probate matters. He regularly advises on disputes involving charities, with his specialism being disputed legacies.
Over the years Tony has appeared in the High Court both for Claimants and Defendants in disputes involving large estates, often with cross-jurisdictional elements.
As a serving committee member of the Association of Contentious Trust and Probate Specialists, Tony is a leading figure for contentious private client work. He is also an accredited mediator.
T: 01392 688 688
Location: Exeter, Bristol and London