Essentials In Focus – Effective Team Leadership
All leaders need to be effective in managing a team of people. Whether they are managing two people or twenty, in one or office or globally, they need to drive the team management cycle. Good team leaders need to be effective at communicating, motivating, setting goals and driving performance through focused feedback and advice. This course teaches the basics of good team management and sets delegates on the path of being effective leaders of the future.
This highly practical and interactive course is aimed at team managers, and will be run in a small group to enable everyone to ask questions and have group discussion.
By the end of the session delegates will:
- Understand the characteristics of a high performing team
- Know the characteristics and actions of a good team managers
- Understand how to motivate a team and the different styles within it
- Know how to set and communicate clear and stretching goals
- Know how to drive work allocation and communications for effective team work
- Know how to deliver constructive day to day feedback to drive team performance
- Know how to spot and manage difficult team issues and conflicts
The commercial benefits of the course are:
- You know what your team is looking for in you
- You know what team effectiveness looks and feels like
- You know how to get the best out of different personalities
- You can manage the performance – good and not so good
The course is highly practical. Delivered by Roman Kubiak, contested wills, trusts and estates partner from Hugh James and Dr. Gwenllian Williams of deWinton-Williams. Roman and Gwenllian combine training with their own experience to ensure you have both input and air-time.
Roman and Gwenllian will also be running further leadership training, so watch this space for more details!