NSPCC – Legacy Management OfficerJob listing
Job Title: Legacy Management Officer
Salary: £25,619 - £33,301 plus London Weighting of £3,366
Contract Type: Full time, Permanent
Location: Hybrid - London
Closing Date: 14 June 2023
Are you looking for a role within an organisation where the work you do makes a real difference to people’s lives? Are you looking to develop your legacy experience with a sector-leading team? If the answer is yes, then we have a great opportunity for you to join the Legacy Management team at the NSPCC.
Every childhood is worth fighting for. This is our belief. We all share it. It drives our Legacy Management team to get out there and bring in the funds we need to protect children and prevent abuse. Join us as a Legacy Management Officer and help us fund change that means everything.
Around 90% of our funding comes from our supporters, helping us reach children across the UK. Over £20m of the donations received each year come in the form of gifts in wills (legacies).
About the role
The Legacy Management team handle these gifts. We’re looking for a Legacy Management Officer, to join our existing team of five.
You’ll be supported by experienced & knowledgeable colleagues as well as mentored by our Senior Legacy Management Officer and contribute to a collaborative and highly effective team.
Key parts of this role are to
- manage a caseload of residuary, life interest, discretionary and high value legacies
- communicate clearly and sensitively, mainly to solicitors, co-beneficiary charities, executors, friends & family
- maximise the value of the income whilst protecting our reputation
This is a real opportunity to make a difference to children’s lives, but we also like to reward people by offering a great working environment, being part of a friendly and supportive team, and offering stimulating and challenging work, with plenty of development opportunities. We offer a variety of rewards and benefits including generous annual leave, employee benefits and assistance programme, pension and life assurance schemes.
- have significant experience in Legacies and Estate Administration
- have a sound knowledge of Probate and Trust Law
- be self-motivated, highly organised and have strong attention to detail
- hold a recognised legal/legacy profession qualification (Solicitor, ILEX, ILM CiCLA, STEP) or equivalent
- have excellent interpersonal and diplomatic skills in order to manage relationships with a range of stakeholders
Join us at this exciting time and you’ll become part of an expanding team that cares about the work they do and the people they work with. You’ll discover opportunities to grow, along with challenges and a shared purpose that’ll bring the best out in you.
We want to ensure roles are accessible and inclusive of everyone, which is why the NSPCC offers a high degree of flexibility around ways of working.
Closed on 14 June 2023