RSPB – Senior Legacy OfficerJob listing
Job Title: Senior Legacy Officer
Salary: £36,577.00 - £39,267.00 per Annum
Contract Type: Full time, Permanent
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Location: RSPB UKHQ - The Lodge
Closing Date: 23 June 2023
Interview Date: w/c 3 July 2023
Benefits: Pension Scheme, Life Assurance Scheme, 26 days’ Annual Leave
Attachments: Candidate Guidance Notes
We are looking for two enthusiastic people to join our highly successful Legacy Administration Team, part of RSPB’s Income and Conservation Investment Directorate. Legacy income is one of our most significant income streams and you will play a key part in maximising the RSPB’s future income ensuring our vital conservation work continues.
What’s the role about?
You’ll take care of a caseload of restricted and complex legacies in line with our policies and sector best practice.
Essential skills, knowledge and experience:
- Significant experience in:
- using First Class4 as well as being proficient in Microsoft packages; and
- managing a caseload in a charity legacy administration role administering residuary estates and managing probate disputes.
- Experience in managing, mentoring and providing advice, support and guidance to colleagues.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills which display sensitivity, tact and discretion.
- Up to date knowledge of probate, tax and charity law, Charity Commission regulation and data protection relating to charity estate administration.
- Experience in talking to a range of diverse stakeholders and the ability to communicate complex issues to senior management and our supporters alike.
Desirable skills, knowledge and experience:
- A recognised legacy administration qualification, such as the Institute of Legacy Management’s Certificate in Charity Legacy Administration (CiCLA).
There are two Full-Time roles for 37.5 hours per week. These are hybrid roles with a requirement to attend our UKHQ at least once a fortnight.
We are looking to conduct interviews for this position during week commencing 03/07/2023. For further information please contact – email@example.com
As part of this application process you will be asked to provide a copy of your CV and complete an application form including evidence on how you meet the skills, knowledge, and experience listed above.
We are committed to developing an inclusive and diverse RSPB, in which everyone feels supported, valued, and able to be their full selves. To achieve our vision of creating a world richer in nature, we need more people, and more diverse people, on nature’s side. People of colour and disabled people are currently underrepresented across the environment, climate, sustainability, and conservation sector. If you identify as a person of colour and/or disabled, we are particularly interested in receiving your application. Contact us to discuss any additional support you may need to complete your application.
The RSPB is an equal opportunities employer. This role is covered by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
This role is not eligible for UK Visa Sponsorship – the successful applicant will need to have a pre-existing Right to Work in the UK in order to be offered an employment contract.
How to Apply
Before applying for this role, we recommend reading through the candidate guidance notes attached to the top of this advert.
Closed on 23 June 2023