The Salvation Army – Legacy Accounts AssistantJob listing
Job Title: Legacy Accounts Assistant
Organisation: Salvation Army
Contract Type: Full time, Permanent
Hours: Minimum of 35 hours per week
Location: London, SE1 6BN, United Kingdom
Closing Date: 16 July 2023
Interview Date: to be confirmed
The Legacy Unit sits within the Finance Department of The Salvation Army Territorial Headquarters in London. The purpose of the unit is to optimise The Salvation Army’s receipt of legacy funds without compromising the ideals of The Salvation Army. The Legacy Unit ensures that legacy funds are received and administered by The Salvation Army legally; in accordance with the deceased’s testamentary wishes; and within the practices and procedures of The Salvation Army. The Salvation Army receives more than £50m in legacy income each year and is vital to support the work of our churches and our social services.
Key Responsibilities: As the Legacy Accounts Assistant, you will be responsible for monitoring, recording and reporting on all aspects of Legacy Income taking such steps as required to comply with audit regulations and protect the reputation of The Salvation Army whilst making a significant contribution to the income stream to support the critical work and mission of The Salvation Army.
As a Legacy Accounts Assistant not only will the work you do make a real difference to people’s lives, but opportunity is provided to develop your legacy experience with a sector leading team.
The successful candidate will have to demonstrate:
- Experience of working in accounts processing with a working knowledge of managing budgets and/or recording and monitoring income and expenses
- Understanding of the basic accounting concepts, especially the principles of double entry
- Demonstrable strong communication skills, both written and verbal, with the proven ability to convey information to customers/colleagues in a clear, effective and professional manner
- Excellent attention to detail, accuracy and a high level of numeracy, being able to process transactions (interpret, record and input data) quickly and accurately
- Experience of working with databases, such as First Class, to input, extract and analyse data to support your work
25 days annual leave + bank holidays; a contributory pension scheme; season ticket loan; an employee assistance programme
Appointment subject to satisfactory references and proof of right to work in the UK.
We reserve the right to close this advert earlier if we feel that we have received sufficient applications.
Promoting equality in the workplace and as a disability confident scheme employer, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy.
Closed on 16 July 2023