WaterAid – Senior Legacy ManagerJob listing
Job Title: Senior Legacy Manager
Salary: £45,579 - £50,242 with excellent benefits
Contract Type: Full time, Maternity cover
Location: London, UK (Hybrid) Flexible working options can be discussed if required
Closing Date: 14 January 2024
Senior Legacy Manager
Contract: 12 months Fixed Term Contract, Maternity Cover with possible extension; Full Time
Salary: £45,579 – £50,242 with excellent benefits
Location: London, UK
Hybrid Working: A minimum of 40% of working time is spent face to face, either in London office, or as a result of external engagement or travel for WaterAid. WaterAid is located at Canary Wharf, London and this will be your location and contract base.
Flexible working options can be discussed if required
Want to use your skills in legacy management to play a vital role in making clean water, decent toilets and good hygiene normal for everyone everywhere?
We need an experienced legacy management professional to help manage and maximise the generous legacy gifts we have been left and oversee one of WaterAid’s fastest growing income streams. In return, you will be encouraged and empowered to be yourself at your very best. Together, we will make a bigger difference.
Join WaterAid as our Senior Legacy Manager to change normal for millions of people so they can unlock their potential, break free from poverty and change their lives for good. On top of that you’ll be joining a 2020 Great Place to Work® award-winning organisation.
About the Team:
The WaterAid Legacy Management Team is part of the wider Legacy and In Memory Team, who sit within Mass Engagement. Legacies account for over 13% of total income and is the fastest growing income stream in Mass Engagement. The Legacy Management Team is responsible for all aspects of legacy case management, and legacy income reporting and forecasting.
About the Role:
As our experienced and highly skilled Senior Legacy Manager you will be WaterAid’s organisational expert in legacy management and lead one of our fastest growing income streams, ensuring our supporters final wishes are carried out.
In this role, you will lead the Legacy Management Team, ensuring WaterAid received the gifts we have been left in wills by working collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders, including professional and personal executors and legacy professionals across the charity sector, as well as be responsible for the legacy income and legacy management expenditure budgets.
- Lead on complex cases including contentious, foreign estates and ex-gratia.
- Line manage our Senior Legacy Management Officer
- Develop annual and long-term forecasts, pipeline reports and track against progress
- Manage the legacy accrual process.
- Have delegated responsibilities from the Trustees to make decisions on legacy case matters.
- Maintain knowledge of Charity Law and its application in legacy management.
- A recognised legacy management qualification or be a qualified private client solicitor or STEP member with experience of wills and probate, and charity beneficiaries, or have significant experience in wills and probate.
- Excellent understanding of probate and tax law, and relevant Charity Law legislation.
- Proven ability to establish, influence and manage high quality relationships.
- Experience of budgeting, and excellent finance and accounting skills
- Experience of line management, and supporting high performing team members.
Closing date: Applications will close at 23:59 on Wednesday 10th January 2024. Shortlisting and interviews may take place on a rolling basis. Availability for the first telephone interview is required week commencing 15th January with the second (ideally in person) interview week commencing 22nd January 2024.
How to Apply: To see the full job pack, please click ‘Apply’. Please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in one document in either Word Document or PDF format.
Pre-employment screening: In order to apply for this post, you must be able to demonstrate your eligibility to work in the UK. All our vacancies require a basic Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check to comply with our Safer Recruitment policy.
- 36 days’ holiday (including 8 Bank Holidays)
- Option to buy an extra 5 days annual leave
- We offer a generous pension plan with employer contribution of up to 10%
- Wide range of flexible and agile-working arrangement
- Season Ticket Loan
- Free annual eye tests
- Pay as You Give charitable giving scheme
- Enhanced Maternity and Adoption/Surrogacy pay, Shared Parental Leave and Paternity Leave
- Volunteer Day
Our People Promise:
We will work with passion and focus to ensure safe and sustainable water, toilets and hygiene are available to everyone, everywhere. WaterAid is a place of purpose – where people have a real commitment and shared responsibility for the impact we have. We are a global community with diverse backgrounds and perspectives, motivated by inspiring, stimulating work. We are determined to put the wellbeing of our people first, to be a place where people feel safe and able to contribute their voice and truly live our values.
We are an equal opportunity, disability-confident employer and are dedicated to achieving the highest standards of diversity, equity and inclusion. We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds, beliefs, customs, traditions and ways of life. This includes, but is not limited to, race, gender, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, national or social origin, health status, and economic or social situation.
We are also committed to protecting everyone we come into contact with. We have a zero-tolerance approach to abuse of power, privilege or trust across our global work, and any form of inappropriate behaviour, discrimination, abuse, bullying, harassment, or exploitation. Safeguarding the people and communities we work with, our staff, volunteers and anyone working on our behalf is our top priority, and we take our responsibilities extremely seriously.
Closed on 14 January 2024