Booking Terms & Conditions
By making a booking, you are committing to a place on the stated course or conference and agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions:
Please note that due to the costs of putting on the event we are unable to offer refunds or transfers in respect of tickets for the ILM Annual Conference. Consequently, the sections ‘Transferring Course’ and ‘Cancellation of Place’ do not apply to the ILM Annual Conference.
Course fees should be paid in one of the following ways within 30 days of the date of the relevant invoice:
BACS – this is payment directly to our bank account from your bank account
|Bank Name||Metro Bank|
|Bank Sort Code||23 – 05 – 80|
|Bank Account Number||41701846|
|Account Name||Institute of Legacy Management|
Cheque – please make payable to Institute of Legacy Management (ILM) and post to: 156 South Street, Old Printers Yard, Dorking, Surrey RH4 2HF
Remittance advices should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bookings are made in the delegate name given at the time of booking. A substitute delegate will, however, be allowed to take the place of the original delegate without incurring additional fees, provided that:
- At least 48 hours’ notice is given to ILM; and
- The substitute delegate’s booking rate is not higher than the rate of the original booking.
Substitutions may only be made within 48 hours of a course or conference at the discretion of ILM.
Any substitution should be notified to ILM as soon as possible by email to email@example.com.
Transferring to another course or conference from a course or conference already booked is generally not permitted. However, ILM may at its discretion allow this in exceptional circumstances, provided that:
- A transfer request is received in writing setting out the reason(s) a transfer is being sought and nominating a substitution.
- The substitute course or conference nominated is scheduled to take place within 12 months of the original booking.
- The appropriate administrative charge is received (see below).
Administrative charges for course or conference transfers will apply as follows:
- Transfer requests received 1 month or more prior to the course or conference date = no additional charge
- Transfer requests received less than 1 month prior to the course or conference date = £25
- Transfer requests received 7 days or less prior to the course or conference date = £50
All written requests to transfer course or conference bookings should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org and no agreement to transfer should be inferred until written confirmation has been received from ILM. Invoices for transfer fees will only be issued where a transfer has been authorised and you are asked not to send payment with your transfer request.
Cancellation of place
If you wish to cancel your place on the course or conference you must notify ILM by emailing email@example.com.
Your entitlement to a refund will be as follows:
- If your cancellation is received more than 6 months before the date of the course or conference, you will be entitled to a full refund.
- If your cancellation is received between 3 and 6 months before the date of the course or conference, you will be entitled to a 75% refund subject to an administrative fee of £25.
- If your cancellation is received less than 3 months before the date of the course or conference, you will not be entitled to a refund.
Changes to course dates
On rare occasions it may be necessary for ILM to reschedule a course or conference to another date. In these circumstances delegates will be provided with as much notice as possible and offered the option of transferring their booking or a full refund: no administrative charges will be levied. ILM will not, however, be liable for any associated costs incurred by the delegate such as travel and accommodation.
Please note that ILM is unable to offer refunds or reimbursements (in part or in full) if a course or conference does not take place for reasons outside its control.
Changes to course content
ILM reserves the right to revise course or conference content and/or speakers at any time to reflect changes in legislation and/or other circumstances.
Neither ILM nor its in-house speakers are qualified to give legal advice and notes provided by ILM should not be relied upon as legal advice. ILM accepts no liability for any loss that may be incurred as a result of such reliance.
ILM accepts no responsibility for delegates’ personal items or valuables. Delegates who bring personal items or valuables to courses and conferences do so at their own risk.
ILM reserves the right to remove any delegate on any of its courses or conferences who engages in behaviour or language which, in the reasonable opinion of ILM, is unsuitable, offensive or inappropriate. No refund will be given under these circumstances.
Separate regulations exist in relation to our Certificate in Charity Legacy Administration. A copy of these will be provided upon registration.